I mostly replied on this page to your comments and inquiries, unless it is a notice for me to participate on another Discussion page.
- /Stardate 0.0001 (December 16, 2002 - June 18, 2003)
- "/Stardate 9.99999": Oops, running of out #, Starfleet must self-destruct. Guess we brainiacal superhumans should've learned that insectoid incident in the end of the the second millennium.
Bonsoir Menchi. Merci de ton commentaire. It really moved me. I am glad you are appreciating them :-) User:anthere (your talk page is 10 kb over what my browser can assume)
- Cleaned it up, now that I know the myth of page oversizing and posing as nuisance is real. --Menchi 00:50 20 Jun 2003 (UTC)
Congratulations, you have just been made a sysop! You have volunteered for boring housekeeping activities which normal users sadly cannot participate in. Sysops basically can't do anything: They cannot delete pages arbitarily (only obvious junk like "jklasdfl,öasdf JOSH IS GAY"), they cannot protect pages in an edit war they are involved in, they cannot ban signed in users. What they can do is delete junk as it appears, ban anonymous vandals, remove pages that have been listed on Votes for deletion for more than a week, protect pages when asked to, and help keep the few protected pages there are, among them the precious Main Page, up to date.
Note that almost everything you can do can be undone, so don't be too worried about making mistakes. You will find more information at Wikipedia:Administrators, please take a look before experimenting with your new powers. Drop me a message if there are any questions or if you want to stop being a sysop (could it be?). Have fun! --Eloquence 00:53 20 Jun 2003 (UTC)
- I'll try to help where and when I can. :-) --Menchi 04:19 20 Jun 2003 (UTC)
- Yep, green for the trees of the Central Mountain Ranges. :-)
- Sure, I'll make a star for Taipei too. Thanks for pointing that out. --Menchi 05:06 21 Jun 2003 (UTC)
- I just realized that green will be misunderstood by many Chinese and Taiwanese as a support of the Pan-Green Coalition. That's probably why you asked. I'll re-colour it to rice colour, as opposed to skin colour of the PRC. --Menchi 05:21 21 Jun 2003 (UTC)
- No, that's not why I asked. I didn't think of that. Yeah...ROC Government websites have been turning quite green lately... Jiang 05:47 21 Jun 2003 (UTC)
- Thought it'd be interesting to show that things have different names, each of which reflect on the philosophy and culture of the namer. --Menchi 22:37 21 Jun 2003 (UTC)
Thanks for the suggestion. I will make the Thai phrase a little larger (I had no idea it was too small - it just looks like squiggles to me! :) -- Wapcaplet 12:05 27 Jun 2003 (UTC)