Help:Introduction to images with Wiki Markup/4
Adding images to Wikipedia
Worth a thousand words
Using an image
Adding it to an article
Review of what you've learned
- Images must be uploaded either to Wikipedia or to Wikimedia Commons before they can be used.
- Wikipedia prefers free images that can be reused commercially and modified.
- Non-free images may sometimes be used, but only in certain circumstances.
- Wikimedia Commons accepts only free images, which can then be used by any of the other Wikimedia projects.
- To use an image in an article, insert:
[[File:Image name.jpg|thumb|Caption for the image]].
More detailed information
- Wikipedia:Uploading images
- Wikipedia:Picture tutorial (how to add images to an article)