|Producer||EBSCO publishing (United States)|
|History||1990 or 1997 to present|
|Languages||Multilingual – native languages|
|Disciplines||Humanities, Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences|
|Record depth||Index, abstract, full-text, citation indexing|
|Format coverage||Full-text, academic journal titles, author, publication dates, abstracts, summations, cited references, and relevant images|
|Temporal coverage||PDF back-files to 1887|
Academic Search is a monthly indexing service. It was first published in 1997 by EBSCO Publishing in Ipswich, Massachusetts. Its academic focus is international universities, covering social science, education, psychology, and other subjects. Publishing formats covered are academic journals, magazines, newspapers, and CD-ROM. 
Academic Search Complete
Academic Search Complete was first published in 2007 as Academic Premier. It is an indexing and abstracting service, accessible via the World Wide Web. Coverage includes more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, Academic Complete offers indexing and abstracts for more than 10,100 journals and a total of more than 10,600 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, among others. Although coverage is from 1965 to the present, PDF back-file content coverage is from 1887.
Subject areas covered include: animal science, anthropology, area studies, astronomy, biology, chemistry, civil engineering, electrical engineering, ethnic and multicultural studies, food science including related technology, general science, geography, geology, law, materials science, mathematics, mechanical engineering, music, pharmaceutical sciences, physics, psychology, religion and theology, veterinary science, women's studies, zoology and other fields. It is updated on a daily basis.
Field searches include full text articles (references can be included), academic journal titles, author, publication dates, abstracts, summations, cited references, and relevant images. Article results can also include thumbnail images.
- ^ "Catalog record". Bibliographic information for Academic Search. Library of Congress. Archived from the original (online) on 13 December 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2001.
- ^ Catalog record. Bibliographic information for Academic Search. World Cat. OCLC 38009982.
- ^ "Databases and Resources at the Library of Congress". Description of Academic Search Complete. U.S. Library of Congress. Archived from the original on 21 February 2013. Retrieved 20 November 2001.
- ^ "Catalog record" (online). Bibliographic information for Academic Search Complete. Binghamton University Libraries. Retrieved 20 November 2001.
- ^ "CLIO – Catalog record" (online). Bibliographic information with description for Academic Search Complete. Columbia University Libraries. Retrieved 20 November 2001.
- ^ "Valencia – Catalog record". Description of Academic Search Premier. Valencia Community College. 2006. Archived from the original (online) on 30 June 2006. Retrieved 20 November 2001.
- ^ OCLC 123348654
This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Government.