|Coordinates: 24°58′N 88°54′E / 24.967°N 88.900°E|
|• Total||213.97 km2 (82.61 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
Badalgacchi (Bengali: বদলগাছি) is a Upazila of Naogaon District under Rajshahi Division, Bangladesh.
Badalgacchi is located at 24°58′N 88°54′E / 24.967°N 88.900°E. It consists of 36,614 households and has a total area of 213.98 square kilometres (82.62 sq mi).
According to 2011 Bangladesh census, Badalgachhi had a population of 193,256. Males constituted 49.95% of the population and females 50.05%. Muslims formed 86.49% of the population, Hindus 9.91%, Christians 0.15% and others 3.15%. Badalgachhi had a literacy rate of 49.55% for the population 7 years and above.
In 1991, the population of Badalgacchia was 176,010. Males constitute 51.34% of the population, and females account for 48.66%. Badalgachi has an average literacy rate of 28.4% for persons seven years and older, which is below the national average of 32.4%.
Points of interest
Somapura Mahavihara is situated in Paaharpur village.
Badalgachhi, foemed as a Thana in 1807, was converted into an upazila in 1983.
The Upazila is divided into eight union parishads: Adhaipur, Badalgachhi, Balubhara, Bilasbari, Kola, Mathurapur, Mithapur, and Paharpur. The union parishads are subdivided into 247 mauzas and 238 villages.
- ^ এক নজরে বদলগাছী. Bangladesh National Portal. Archived from the original on 1 September 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- ^ "Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics". Archived from the original on 2014-01-20. Retrieved 2014-07-24.
- ^ Md. Mukhlesur Rahman (2012). "Badalgachhi Upazila". In Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal (ed.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- ^ "Bangladesh Population and Housing Census 2011: Zila Report – Nagaon" (PDF). Table P01 : Household and Population by Sex and Residence, Table P05 : Population by Religion, Age group and Residence, Table P09 : Literacy of Population 7 Years & Above by Religion, Sex and Residence. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- ^ "Badalgachhi Upazila - Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 2023-02-23.
- ^ "District Statistics 2011: Naogaon" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.