There are thousands of terms that could be included in this category and the inclusion criteria can be fuzzy. The working criteria being used, which can be disputed, is that terms included here...
- refer to something about biology itself; for instance, not a branch of biology
- are broadly applicable terms, not specific to a small subset of organisms
- do not fit well into any other more specific existing terminology category
Anatomical terms are not included here and appear in sub-categories of the main Anatomy category.
Initially, some alignment between this category and the article Glossary of biology was considered, but the inclusion criteria for the Glossary is substantially broader and encompasses terminology, concepts, objects and processes.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- Latin biological phrases (23 P)
Pages in category "Biology terminology"
The following 100 pages are in this category, out of 100 total. This list may not reflect recent changes.
- Patch dynamics
- Perceptual trap
- Permanent vegetative cover
- Permissiveness (biology)
- Plant litter
- Postglacial vegetation
- Pyrrolizidine alkaloid sequestration