Paleontology (US spelling) or palaeontology (UK spelling) is the study of the developing history of life on earth, of ancient plants and animals based on the fossil record, evidence of their existence preserved in rocks. This includes the study of body fossils, tracks, burrows, cast off parts, fossilized feces ("coprolites"), and chemical residues.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- Subfields of paleontology (14 C, 20 P)
- Paleontology awards (1 C, 7 P)
- Fossil record (8 C, 4 P)
- History of paleontology (1 C, 18 P)
- Paleontological institutions and organizations (3 C, 15 P)
- Paleontology mass media (5 C, 1 P)
- Paleontology stubs (10 C, 92 P)
Pages in category "Paleontology"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total. This list may not reflect recent changes.