James Hood (Canadian football)
|Born:||September 9, 1961|
Los Angeles, California, USA
|College||Arizona State University|
|1985||Winnipeg Blue Bombers|
|1987||Ottawa Rough Riders|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Awards||1986 Jeff Russel Memorial Trophy|
James Hood is a former award-winning receiver in the Canadian Football League.
A graduate of Arizona State University, Hood came to Canada in 1985 and played with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers where he caught 25 passes in 5 games. He moved to the Montreal Alouettes in 1986, where in 18 games he caught 95 passes for 1411 yards and two touchdowns, winning the Jeff Russel Memorial Trophy as best player in the East and was named an all star. 1987 found him with the Ottawa Rough Riders, where in 9 games he hauled in 39 passes. He finished his career in 1988 with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
- ^  CFLAPEDIA entry - James Hood
- ^ "All-Stars Since 1946". Montreal Alouettes. Archived from the original on 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- 1961 births
- Living people
- Players of American football from Los Angeles
- American players of Canadian football
- Canadian football wide receivers
- Arizona State Sun Devils football players
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers players
- Montreal Alouettes players
- Ottawa Rough Riders players
- Saskatchewan Roughriders players
- Players of Canadian football from Los Angeles
- Canadian football wide receiver stubs