|No. 11 Toronto Argonauts|
|Born:||January 10, 1993|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||222 lb (101 kg)|
|High school||Culver Academy|
|CFL Draft||2016 / Round: 2 / Pick: 15|
|Drafted by||Calgary Stampeders|
|Career highlights and awards|
Juwan Brescacin (born January 10, 1993) is a professional Canadian football wide receiver for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He has played in three Grey Cup games and was a member of the 106th Grey Cup championship team. He played college football for the Northern Illinois Huskies.
Brescacin was drafted in the second round, 15th overall, in the 2016 CFL Draft by the Calgary Stampeders and signed with the team on May 17, 2016. He made his professional regular season debut on July 1, 2016 against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and recorded his first career reception in the next week's game against the Ottawa Redblacks on July 8, 2016. He finished his rookie season with four catches for 51 yards in seven regular season games. He also played in both postseason games, including his first Grey Cup game, which was an overtime loss to the Redblacks in the 104th Grey Cup game in his hometown of Toronto.
In 2017, Brescacin saw more playing time as he played in 15 regular season games, recording 19 receptions for 260 yards. He played in the West Final and the 105th Grey Cup where he caught four passes for 33 yards, but was once again on the losing end as the Stampeders were defeated by the Toronto Argonauts. Brescacin continued to establish himself in the league in 2018 by playing in all 18 regular season games and recording career highs with 35 receptions for 567 yards. He also scored his first professional touchdown in 2018 with a 10-yard reception from Bo Levi Mitchell against the Redblacks on July 12, 2018. Later that year, he had his first 100-yard receiving game in a match against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on September 15, 2018. Once again, he played in both of the Stampeders' postseason games, including his third Grey Cup game in his third season. This year would prove triumphant as he recorded five catches for 35 yards in a Calgary win against the Ottawa Redblacks in the 106th Grey Cup game.
In the 2019 season, Brescacin continued his productive pace with 11 receptions for 168 yards and three touchdowns in four games. However, he suffered an injury during the Week 7 game against the Redblacks and remained on the six-game injured list for the rest of the season.
- "Stamps sign five including top two 2016 picks". Calgary Stampeders. May 17, 2016. Retrieved February 11, 2020.
- "Juwan Brescacin". Toronto Argonauts. Retrieved December 11, 2020.
- "Stamps defence shines in 27-3 win over Redblacks". Canadian Football League. July 12, 2018. Retrieved December 11, 2020.
- "Play-by-Play, 106th Grey Cup". Canadian Football League. November 26, 2018. Retrieved December 11, 2020.
- "CFLFA: Argos add Mississauga native WR Juwan Brescacin". Toronto Argonauts. February 11, 2020. Retrieved February 11, 2020.
- "Argos re-sign Brescacin & add Mike Tyson". Argonauts.ca. January 13, 2021. Retrieved February 22, 2021.