|No. 35 – Calgary Stampeders|
|Born:||October 30, 1992|
Tucson, Arizona, U.S.
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Canyon del Oro|
(Oro Valley, Arizona)
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 4 / Pick: 117|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Career CFL statistics|
|Player stats at NFL.com · CFL.ca|
Ka'Deem Carey (born October 30, 1992) is an American football running back for the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Arizona, where he was recognized as an All-American.
Carey attended Canyon del Oro High School in Oro Valley, Arizona. As a junior, he rushed for 2,738 yards on 224 carries with 45 touchdowns. As a senior, he rushed for 1,754 yards with 26 touchdowns.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Tucson, AZ||Canyon del Oro||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||184 lb (83 kg)||4.6||Feb 2, 2011|
|Recruiting star ratings: Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: 78|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 55 (RB) Rivals: 13 (RB) ESPN: 33 (RB)|
Carey attended the University of Arizona, where he played for the Arizona Wildcats football team from 2011-2013. As a true freshman in 2011, Carey rushed for 425 yards on 91 carries with six touchdowns. In 13 games of his sophomore season in 2012, he rushed for 1,929 yards on 303 carries with 23 touchdowns, which broke the Arizona single-season record for both rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. On November 10, 2012 Carey set the Pac-12 record for rushing yards in a game with 366. On December 11, 2012 Carey was named a 2012 consensus All-American at the running back position.
In January 2013, he pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct charges stemming from an alleged domestic violence. Charges were dropped in June.
Carey served a one-game suspension to start the 2013 football season. During the season, he set a school record for rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. He finished the season with 1,885 yards on 349 carries and 19 touchdowns and was a consensus All-American for the second straight season.
|Year||Team||Att||Yards||Avg||Long||Rush TDs||Rec||Yards||Rec TDs|
On January 13, 2014, Carey announced that he would forgo his senior season and enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand span||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|5 ft 9+3⁄8 in
|4.69 s||1.58 s||2.62 s||4.38 s||7.08 s||32+1⁄2||9 ft 7 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Carey was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the fourth round with the 117th overall pick of the 2014 NFL Draft. Carey signed a four-year contract on May 13, 2014. In week 13 of 2015, Carey scored his first career rushing touchdown against the San Francisco 49ers on a four-yard run. On December 27, 2015, Carey recorded his first career receiving touchdown in a 26–21 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
On September 2, 2017, Carey was placed on injured reserve. He was released by the team on September 8, 2017.
Carey signed with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League (CFL) in early October 2018, nearing the end of the 2018 CFL season. Carey did not play for the Stampeders in 2018, but was on the roster as the team won the 106th Grey Cup. He was re-signed by the club on January 16, 2019, which prevented him from becoming a free agent the following month. In 2019 Carey started to make an impact on offense and was Calgary's leading rusher by midway through the season. On September 23, 2019 the Stampeders announced that Carey would miss the remainder of the season after suffering a broken arm. Carey played in eight games for the Stampeders in 2019, carrying the ball 75 times for 422 yards with two touchdowns; he also caught 15 passes for 134 yards and a touchdown.
- ^ "Ka'Deem Carey". ESPN.com.
- ^ "Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey breaks Pac-12 rushing record". Pac-12.
- ^ "Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey has new status: Consensus All-American - AG's Wildcat Report". tucsoncitizen.com.
- ^ "UA football's Ka'Deem Carey pleads not guilty to domestic violence charges".
- ^ Corella, Hipolito. "Arizona football: Charges dropped against All-American Ka'Deem Carey".
- ^ Star, Daniel Berk Arizona Daily. "Arizona Wildcats football: RB Carey suspended, will not play tonight".
- ^ "Ka'Deem Carey sets Arizona records in upset of Oregon".
- ^ "Ka?Deem Carey Named Consensus All-American". www.arizonawildcats.com.
- ^ "Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey to enter 2014 NFL Draft". NFL.com. January 13, 2014. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- ^ "NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com".
- ^ "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Ka'Deem Carey".
- ^ Alper, Josh (May 13, 2014). "Bears sign Ka'Deem Carey". NBCSports.com. Retrieved August 17, 2014.
- ^ Mayer, Larry (December 6, 2015). "Read and React: Bears-49ers". Chicago Bears. Archived from the original on December 7, 2015. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- ^ "Bears vs. Buccaneers - Box Score - December 27, 2015 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- ^ Mayer, Larry (September 2, 2017). "Bears reach NFL's 53-man roster limit". ChicagoBears.com. Archived from the original on April 7, 2018.
- ^ "Calgary Stampeders' Ka'Deem Carey hopes to find running room with club". Calgary Sun. October 6, 2018. Retrieved September 24, 2019.
- ^ "Stampeders sign international running back Ka'Deem Carey - Sportsnet.ca". www.sportsnet.ca. Retrieved September 24, 2019.
- ^ "Ka'Deem Carey getting lots of looks ahead of Labour Day Classic". Calgary Sun. August 31, 2019. Retrieved September 24, 2019.
- ^ TSN ca Staff (September 23, 2019). "Dave Dickenson: Calgary Stampeders RB Ka'Deem Carey out for season - TSN.ca". TSN. Retrieved September 24, 2019.