|Born:||January 4, 1991|
Peace River, Alberta
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||290 lb (132 kg)|
|High school:||Peace River (AB)|
|CFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 1 / Pick: 1|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at NFL.com · PFR · CFL.ca|
Linden David Gaydosh (born January 4, 1991) is a Canadian football defensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He most recently played for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played CIS football with the Calgary Dinos. Gaydosh was drafted first overall by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, but instead chose to sign with the Carolina Panthers.
Gaydosh was ranked as the 2nd best player in the Canadian Football League's Amateur Scouting Bureau final rankings for players eligible in the 2013 CFL Draft. He ranked 3rd best in both the December and April (final) rankings. Gaydosh had arguably the best performance of the 2013 CFL Combine. Duane Forde said that, "If rankings were based solely on the combine Linden Gaydosh would be the number one guy.".
On May 12, 2013, less than a week after being drafted into the CFL, Gaydosh signed with the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League. On August 2, 2013, Gaydosh was waived/injured by the Carolina Panthers due to a back injury. On August 3, 2013, Gaydosh cleared waivers and was placed on the injured reserve list. He spent the entire 2013 NFL season on the injured reserve. He was released by the Panthers on August 24, 2014; prior to the 2014 NFL season.
Hamilton Tiger-Cats (II)
On September 4, 2014, Gaydosh signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (who held his CFL rights). He appeared in nine regular-season games, registering four tackles, two tackles for a loss and a pass knockdown. He added four tackles in two playoff contests. During an off-season workout in the spring of 2015, Gaydosh tore his Achilles tendon, which required surgery and caused him to miss the 2015 season. He returned to Hamilton in 2016, making appearances in both pre-season games and the season opener against Toronto.
On August 6, 2017, Gaydosh signed with the Toronto Argonauts. Gaydosh played in 11 games for the Argos during the 2017 season, recorded the first three sacks of his career, and went on to win the 105th Grey Cup. Gaydosh played in 14 games for the Argos in 2018, made 5 tackles and his first career special teams tackle, and was signed to a contract extension following the season. In 2019, Gaydosh continued his role as a depth player and situational pass rusher, but made a few splash plays with six tackles, a sack, and his first career interception. However, he was released on February 7, 2020.
- Calgary Dinos Bio
- "Tiger-Cats' top pick Gaydosh signs with NFL's Panthers". TSN.ca. May 12, 2013. Retrieved May 12, 2013.
- "CFL Scouting Bureau – September 2013". Archived from the original on October 12, 2012. Retrieved September 3, 2017.
- "CFL Scouting Bureau – December 2013". Archived from the original on December 15, 2012. Retrieved September 3, 2017.
- CFL Scouting Bureau – April 2013 Archived 2013-10-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Impressive 2013 Combine Archived 2013-05-06 at the Wayback Machine
- Ticats select Gaydosh first overall in the 2013 CFL Draft
- Strickland, Bryan (August 2, 2013). "Fan Fest on horizon following steamy practice". Panthers.com. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- Gantt, Darin. "Panthers get down to 79 with 10 moves Sunday". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- "Linden Gaydosh signs with Hamilton Tiger-Cats". CBC. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "Report: Ticats' Gaydosh, Watt out for season". TSN. TSN.ca Staff.
- "Riders release former first overall pick Gaydosh, sign Bailey". CFL. Retrieved August 2, 2017.
- "Argos Add Gaydosh; Bring back Black". CFL. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- "Argos extend WR Coombs, DL Gaydosh - CFL.ca". CFL.ca. November 13, 2018. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- "Argos release 12 players". Toronto Argonauts. February 7, 2020.