In baseball statistics, a relief pitcher is credited with a game finished (denoted by GF) if he is the last pitcher to pitch for his team in a game. A starting pitcher is not credited with a GF for pitching a complete game.
Mariano Rivera is the all-time leader in games finished with 952. Rivera is the only pitcher in MLB history to finish more than 900 career games. Trevor Hoffman and Lee Smith are the only other pitchers to finish more than 800 games in their careers.
|Rank||Rank amongst leaders in career games finished. A blank field indicates a tie.|
|Player (2022 GF)||Number of games finished during the 2022 Major League Baseball season|
|GF||Total career games finished|
|*||Denotes elected to National Baseball Hall of Fame. |
|Bold||Denotes active player.[note 1]|
- Stats updated as of the end of the 2022 season.
|Rank||Player (2022 GF)||GF|
|52||Mark Melancon (48)||454|
|86||J. J. Putz||357|
|88||Greg Holland (2)||355|
- A player is considered inactive if he has announced his retirement or not played for a full season.
- "Mariano Rivera Career Stats". Baseball Reference. Retrieved July 28, 2021.
- Cohen, Alan. "Mariano Rivera Bio". Society For American Baseball Research. Retrieved July 28, 2021.
- "Mariano Rivera Hall of Fame Profile". National Baseball Hall of Fame. Retrieved August 1, 2021.
- "Trevor Hoffman Career Stats". Baseball Reference. Retrieved July 28, 2021.
- "Lee Smith Career Stats". Baseball Reference. Retrieved July 28, 2021.