Peter John Hartley
|Born||18 April 1960|
Keighley, West Riding of Yorkshire, England
|Domestic team information|
|FC debut||7 July 1982 Warwickshire v Lancashire|
|Last FC||13 September 2000 Hampshire v Yorkshire|
|LA debut||11 July 1982 Warwickshire v Gloucestershire|
|Last LA||10 September 2000 Hampshire v Derbyshire|
|ODIs umpired||6 (2007–2009)|
|T20Is umpired||3 (2006–2009)|
|FC umpired||201 (2002–present)|
|LA umpired||189 (2002–present)|
|T20 umpired||142 (2003–present)|
Source: CricketArchive, 16 June 2013
Born 18 April 1960, in Keighley West Riding of Yorkshire, Hartley made his debut for Warwickshire in 1982. He moved to Yorkshire in 1985, and stayed there until 1997, when he relocated to Hampshire. When he retired at the end of the 2000 season, Hartley was Hampshire's opening bowler.
He made his highest first-class score for Yorkshire in a Roses match in 1988, making 127 not out out of a total of 224, while batting at no.8 and coming to the wicket with his team 37 for 6. Another highlight of his playing career was playing in the final when Yorkshire won the 1987 Benson & Hedges Cup, a rare triumph for the county in these years.
Hartley represented the England team in a Masters tournament in Sharjah in 1996.
After retiring as a player, Hartley became an umpire, making his debut as a first-class umpire in 2003. Between 2006 and 2009 he officiated in international cricket, taking charge of six one day international matches and three Twenty20 international matches.
- Warner, David (2011). The Yorkshire County Cricket Club: 2011 Yearbook (113th ed.). Ilkley, Yorkshire: Great Northern Books. p. 370. ISBN 978-1-905080-85-4.
- "Lancashire v Yorkshire at Manchester, 30 Aug-2 Sept 1988". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 21 June 2022.
- "Northamptonshire v Yorkshire at Lord's, 11 July 1987". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 21 June 2022.
- "Masters Tournament in Sharjah Jan 1996". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 2 July 2022.
- "Peter Hartley as Umpire in First-Class Matches". CricketArchive. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Peter Hartley as Umpire in ODI Matches". CricketArchive. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Peter Hartley as Umpire in International Twenty20 Matches". CricketArchive. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Umpires list – 2013". England and Wales Cricket Board. Archived from the original on 22 May 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2013.