Storage Networking Industry Association
The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) is a registered 501(c)(6) non-profit trade association incorporated in December 1997. SNIA has more than 185 unique members, 2,000 active contributing members and over 50,000 IT end users and storage professionals. The SNIA absorbed the Small Form Factor Committee.
SNIA's membership community participates in the following storage-related technical working groups:
- Cloud Storage Technologies
- Computational Storage
- Data Management
- Data Security
- Networked Storage
- Next Generation Data Center
- Persistent Memory
- Physical Storage
- Power Efficiency Measurement
- Storage Management Initiative – Specification (SMI-S)
- Storage Management Swordfish Protocol
SNIA and its technical council maintain a vendor-neutral dictionary and glossary of storage networking, data, and information management terminology.
The SNIA dictionary won an award for publication excellence in 2009 and 2012 from the Business Communications Report.
SNIA along with Computerworld hosted the popular Storage Networking World (SNW) Conferences from 1999 to 2013, at various venues around the world, and commonly occurred in the Spring and Fall in the USA, and in the Fall in the EU.
SNIA is also the organizer the Storage Developers Conference (SDC) and manages a vendor-neutral Technology Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
SNIA also maintains partnerships with and submits material to other industry standards organizations such as ISO, IEC, DMTF, CXL, INCITS T10, T11, IETF,and IEEE.
Storage Networking Certification Program
The Storage Networking Certification Program (SNCP) is administered by the SNIA. According to the SNIA website, the program: "Establishes a uniform standard for the storage networking industry by which individual knowledge and skill sets can be verified. The program provides a strong foundation of vendor-neutral, systems level credentials that will integrate with and complement individual vendor certifications."
The following certification credentials are available through the SNCP:
- SCSP: SNIA Certified Storage Professional
- SCSE: SNIA Certified Storage Engineer
- SCSA: SNIA Certified Storage Architect
- SCSN-E: SNIA Certified Storage Networking Expert (requires an additional vendor credential)
- ^ "5 Top Storage Certifications". BusinessNewsDaily.com. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ "SNIA Releases On-Line Technical Dictionary". HPCwire. 2000-08-11. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ "Introduction". www.wbemsolutions.com. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ Koblentz, Evan (May 7, 2018). "How to get started with the Swordfish storage management standard". TechRepublic. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ Ray (2010-02-11). "SNIA Tech Center Grand Opening – Mystery Storage Contest". Ray On Storage Blog. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ Heilman, Wayne. "Storage networking group moves center, but stays in Springs". Colorado Springs Gazette. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ "SNIA Cloud Data Management Interface Specification Earns ISO/IEC Designation as an International Standard". GlobeNewswire News Room. 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ "ISO - SNIA - Storage Networking Industry". www.iso.org. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ "SNIA'S SMI-S standard adopted by ISO and IEC - News & Analysis - Network Magazine India". www.networkmagazineindia.com. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ "SNIA, DMTF and NVM Express Form Strategic Alliance". HPCwire. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ "SNIA and CXL™ Consortium Form Strategic Alliance". 3 November 2020.
- ^ "INCITS and The SNIA Team to Standardize Storage Management Interface - INCITS". www.incits.org. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ Sankar, Krishna; Jones, Arnold. "Cloud Data Management Interface (CDMI) Media Types". tools.ietf.org. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ "Storage network backup: Organizational aspects". SearchITChannel. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- ^ "Education". SNIA.org. Storage Networking Industry Association. Retrieved 2021-09-04.