The Memorials is an American hard rock band from Berkeley, California that formed in December 2009. As of 2012[update], the line-up consists of Thomas Pridgen, Viveca Hawkins, and Nick Brewer.
Founded in December 2009, The Memorials is a project spearheaded by Thomas Pridgen. After departing The Mars Volta, Pridgen turned his attention to forming his own group, which would incorporate a range of styles as diverse as the experiences of the band members. He contacted friends Viveca Hawkins and Nick Brewer, who were former students at Berklee College of Music, and asked them to establish a new band with him. Brewer and Hawkins met for the first time, after Brewer arrived in San Francisco, just a day shy of recording their first album.
The Memorials' self-titled debut album The Memorials was recorded at the Petting Zoo Recording Studio (The Zoo) in North Oakland, California, as well as at Pridgen's home studio between December 14, 2009, and February 3, 2010. It was released on February 14, 2011. To support their album in 2011, the band went on a 31-date nationwide tour largely backed by fans.
After completing 3 tours (Freedom Tour, Equinox Tour, Waterguns, B B Q, & Hot Chocolate Tour) over the United States, The Memorials are preparing for a European tour to launch in October 2012.
- Viveca Hawkins – Vocals
- Nick Brewer - Guitars
- Thomas Pridgen – Drums
- Randy Emata – Keyboards
- Chris Bass Head – Bass
- Alexander Potts – Guitars
- Chris Woods - Keyboards
- The Memorials (2011)
- Delirium (2012)
- Goldin, Dan (2010-06-17). "(delivering good rock music since 2008): Thomas Pridgen: From The Mars Volta to The Memorials". Exploding In Sound. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Featured Artist: Thomas Pridgen Talks Drumming, The Mars Volta, and The Memorials". 2010-05-08. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Viveca Hawkins of The Memorials : IPMM / The Citrus Report". IPaintMyMind. 2010-07-19. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- Flak (2010-07-28). "Thomas Pridgen Bring Us His Latest Project | Movie Reviews | Music Reviews". Behind the Hype. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "A Conversation with Thomas Pridgen » Interviews". The Berklee Groove. 2010-08-10. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- Keene, Hunter (2011-04-27). "Q&A with The Memorials band members Thomas Pridgen and Viveca Hawkins". Black and White. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "The Memorials: The Memorials [Album Review]". FensePost. 2011-01-04. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- Brennan, Taylor. "From Mars Volta to The Memorials". Popstache.com. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- The Memorials. "The Memorials 30 day US Tour". kickstarter.com. Retrieved 2011-02-02.
- "Fluorescent's Unforgiving by TheMemorials on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free". Soundcloud.com. Retrieved 2012-06-17.