|No. 35 – Toronto Argonauts|
|Born:||November 4, 1996|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Archbishop Tenison's Church of England High School|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career CFL statistics as of Week 16, 2021|
|Player stats at NFL.com · PFR · CFL.ca|
Early life and education
Sankoh was born on November 4, 1996, in Sierra Leone. His parents moved to Maryland when he was young, and to England when he was 15. He attended high school in Croydon at Archbishop Tenison's Church of England High School.
"Missing American football," Sankoh found local teams through Google.com, joining the Kent Exiles in 2014. He moved to the South London Renegades in 2015. Sankoh scored the game-winning touchdown in a win over the London Warriors. In 2017, he was noticed by NFLUK head of football development Aden Durde who helped him join the London Warriors in England's top football division. He later got an invitation to go to Florida and train at IMG Academy in the National Football League (NFL)'s International Player Pathway Program. He was assigned to the Cleveland Browns on May 14, 2018. Sankoh was given an international roster exemption at the start of the season, and did not see any playing time. He was given a second exemption in 2019, but was later released. In 2021, he was signed by the Ingolstadt Praetorians. He left the team a month later after being selected with the third overall pick in the 2021 CFL Global Draft by the Toronto Argonauts. In the 2021 CFL season, Sankoh appeared in four games, making one defensive tackle and six special teams tackles.
- "ELF: Ingolstadt Praetorians sign former Cleveland Brown DB Tigie Sankoh". American Football International. March 5, 2021.
- Labbe, Dan (August 29, 2019). "Browns safety Tigie Sankoh used Google to find his way to the NFL through International Pathway program". Cleveland.com.
- "Historic Warriors Win For Renegades". Southwark News. July 1, 2015.
- Pokorny, Chris (May 14, 2018). "Browns assigned DB Tigie Sankoh to offseason roster from NFL's international program". DawgsByNature.com.
- Smith, Pete (September 1, 2019). "Cleveland Browns announce nine players signed to practice squad". Sports Illustrated.
- Abbott, JC (April 18, 2021). "British DB Tigie Sankoh the player Toronto Argonauts were hoping for in 2021 CFL Global Draft". American Football International.
- "Tigie Sankoh". CFL.ca.
- "Argo transactions – June 5, 2022". Toronto Argonauts. June 5, 2022.
- @ArgonautsMR (June 8, 2022). "We have signed Global DB Tigie Sankoh" (Tweet) – via Twitter.