Hello. I, if you haven't already guessed, am John Carter, also known as the wonderful white-winged wiki-warrior. Yeah, the picture's really me. You know how it happens. You're just casually bouncing between planets through means beyond mortal ken, as one does, and you happen, somehow, to get turned into a constipated cat. Bummer. Typing's no thrill, lemme tell ya. Fricking opposable thumbs...
Yes, I used to be an admin. I no longer am, and, honestly, am probably rather happier not to be one.
Playing with scantily dressed curvaceous female aliens, killing, well, most other aliens (temper, temper), bouncing between planets at will ... No, wait, sorry. Around here I try to help out some of the religion based projects, particularly Wikipedia:WikiProject Christianity, where I am one of the coordinators, with tagging, assessment, categorization, and the like, once in a while sticking my nose in where some people would probably prefer not seeing it. And can once in a while help on some templates for other groups at well, if you ask nicely.
No page is complete without at least a few links, right? Here are a few: User:John Carter/Christianity assessments, User:Warlordjohncarter/Alphabetical listing of WikiProjects & User:Warlordjohncarter/Removal list of projects & Template:Mammal
Biography (Lies about himself)
See here for the full story. Around here, I've done a little stuff here and there, although nothing has been even close to GA quality. I try to help with the Christianity based material, although some might question the applicability of the word "help" there.
Heroes in Wikipedia
I've been lucky enough to have contact with some truly exceptional people here. These are some of the ones who most often and frequently come to mind.
- User:Bishonen - one of the most reliable admins out there. And one of the few people around here with an obvious sense of humor. God knows we need that once in a while around here.
- User:Dennis Brown one of the more level-headed admins around, with a particular interest in doing what he can to keep everyone who wants to be and can be productive around as possible. That can be and often is a hell of a lot harder than anyone would like.
- User:Durova - A fine lady who has said that she gets involved in working with some of the more, uh, outspoken members of wikipedia, many of whom seem to have a far better grasp of profanity than standard language. She says she does this to help keep the rest of us from being subjected to the activities of these people, and has demonstrably gone to great efforts to give even these troublesome editors a chance to continue. I know that I am personally very thankful for all her efforts.
- User:Dr. Blofeld - The amount of material this editor has contributed to the project, and his ideas for improving the project, are phenomenal, almost scary.
- User:Jade Knight - My "adopter". Would you like "adopting" someone who claims to be an interplanetary traveler with a tendency to ogle whatever aliens he doesn't kill first? He has had the good luck of probably having had less contact with me than some of the others, but I remain profoundly greatful for his help.
- User:Kirill Lokshin - Very little can be said about this man that probably hasn't already been said by several people. He was the driving force behind the Military history Project developing the best military history website out there and has since moved on to become the Coordinating Arbitrator of the WP:ARBCOM. It is my sincerest hope that this man remains active here as long as possible. I really wonder if the place would function anywhere near as well without him.
- User:Kingboyk - I am stunned at the amount of work this individual has given to wikipedia, and to the Biography WikiProject in particular. He has once run for a seat on the foundation board already. I can imagine few people I would prefer to see there.
- User:Pastordavid - One of the first editors I encountered here, and one who has had the at-best dubious pleasure of fairly regular contact with me. One of the most calm, well-informed, and even-handed people I've met. And a great editor who has an unusually high number of FAs and GAs to his credit.
- User:Walkerma - a professor and probably the most active member of the Wikipedia:Version 1.0 Editorial Team. How he manages to do both frankly escapes me.
- User:Worm That Turned - who does basically everything I would like to say I try to do better than I could ever do myself.
Articles created or added to
Please see User:John Carter/Articles.
Articles I wished I created or added to
- Cardrona Bra Fence - What a title, huh?
- Extraterrestrial real estate - got some great turf up around Gathol available, if anyone's interested
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, or, as Dave Barry called it, "Total Moron Cliff"
- Vampire number - The bane of accountants everywhere, and, if that isn't bad enough
- Vampire pumpkins and watermelons - Linus had better be careful...
- Anal language - because "fart" is too gauche
- Atlanta Nights - A must-read; Chapter 34 inspired the Bonzai Story Generator version of this page below.
- Gef the talking mongoose - like living locats weren't bad enough
- Global Orgasm - Now this is an effort I can support! or, for the nature freaks out there,
- Fuck for Forest - you saw the birds and the bees, now join them!
- Conan the Librarian - You dare return a book late?
- British Rail flying saucer - like the regular trains aren't weird enough, with their...
- British Rail sandwiches and, of course,
- Civet coffee and
- Durian - Same answer to each. DO NOT WANT. But
- Diet Coke and Mentos eruption - YES.
- Phantom Social Workers - like Beetlejuice; you will never be able to escape them...
- Pornocracy - Hey, Italy already has it
- Anti-tank dog -
- Chicken powered nuclear bomb
I like nominating articles for the DYK section. So far, these articles that I have nominated have been included. Articles that I have created or substantially improved and nominated are listed in bold, the ones which were the work of others, either before or after my work, I include as regular text.
- Abāmūn of Tukh; Abraham (Copt); Albinus of Angers; Alexander of Bergamo; All Nations; Amaro (saint); Anne-Marie Javouhey; Anthelm of Belley; Anthony Baldinucci; Anthony Forbes Moreton Clavier; Anthony of Kiev; Antoninus of Sorrento; Archdiocese of the Old Catholic Church of America;
- Barbatus of Benevento; Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health; Benjamin I of Alexandria; Bona of Pisa;
- Calendar of saints (Anglican Church of Southern Africa); Catellus of Castellammare; Cerbonius; Christ Catholic Church (Pruter); Constabilis;
- Eliza Marsden Hassall; Emma Crawford; Eurosia;
- Felinus and Gratian; Four Crowned Martyrs;
- Gerald of Sauve-Majeure; Gerard of Lunel; Germerius; Giovanni Dominici;
- Indian coracles;
- James the Brother of Jesus: The Key to Unlocking the Secrets of Early Christianity and the Dead Sea Scrolls; Jennifer Zeng; John Campanus; John Horden; Jonah of Manchuria; José María Robles Hurtado; Justus of Beauvais;
- Lucia Brocadelli of Narni;
- Mammes of Caesarea; Mar Abba I; Maria Bertilla Boscardin; Marina of Aguas Santas; Martha, mother of Symeon Stylites the Younger; Matryona Nikonova; Matthew Carrieri;
- Nicasius of Rheims; Nireah Johnson;
- Paternian; Paul Couturier; Paul Henkel; Paul Joseph Nardini; Pennsylvania Ministerium; Peter of Atroa; Peter of Tarantaise; Psalm 83;
- Romanov sainthood;
- Sebaldus; Sidhom Bishay;
- Thomas Vose Daily; Thorlac Thornalli; Translation (relics);
- Varvara Yakovleva; Vitalian of Capua;
- Zdislava Berka;
Below are my non-project related userboxes. I am a regular packrat for project userboxes, and actually probably have too bloody many of the silly things. If you really insist on seeing them all, please go here.
Recognition (possibly excessive)
This image receives first place here just to remind everyone that while I am extremely grateful to all those others who have chosen to recognize me with what they have given me, and despite having been around for more than a little time now, there are still some things I am comparatively inexperienced with. I also acknowledge that, on rare occasions, I can and do lose my temper. Basically, I can and do make mistakes, and I know that. If you believe I have made one, you may well be right. None of the awards, grateful for them as I am, necessarily indicate that any statements of opinion or conclusions I might draw are necessarily any better or more informed than anyone else's. Not necessarily, anyway. Probably, yeah, but not necessarily. And if you're the person who disagrees with me on something, yes, I mean you. If you really want to see what I've gotten from others, please go to User:John Carter/Recognition. Thank you.
SPECIAL! BONZAI STORY GENERATOR VERSION!!!
Hello. I, if you ask nicely.
No page is complete without him.
- User:Kingboyk - If I try to give even close to have contact with some templates for other groups at least a way which administrators shouldn't, please let me know. Care not I will, but know I will at least.
I, if you haven't already guessed, am involved in the activities of the religion based projects, particularly Wikipedia:WikiProject Christianity, where some people would probably hasn't already I can be said that she does this to help there.
Heroes in Wikipedia
I've been described to the police by several people I encountered here, and I don't have a far better grasp of things because of it, despite their best efforts. One of the amount of the first editors I encountered here has since retired, although he hasn't indicated why, partially because the famous white canvas blazer with standard extra-long sleeves which can be tied at the back makes typing difficult. I am willing to become the cause of the amount of the word required for someone to become a reasonable candidate for WP:ARBCOM. It is complete without him.
I have acted in Wikipedia, including in the role of Felix Fatboy in our production of "From User:Blofeld with Extreme Prejudice". I've been said by several people. It is a good one, I am one who has since moved on the foundation board already.
- User:Kirill Lokshin - He no longer acknowledges having ever known me. Smart man.
If you think that I am willing to continue. I if you know.
Playing with a morbid sense of humor is advised for those who have had fairly regular contact with me. One of the misconduct allegations raised over time is a good one, although the ballistics evidence is for whatever reason less than clear. I if you think that I am stunned at this as well, you're wrong. Nothing surprises me anymore. One of the pictures too. If you think that big then I have a constipated cat. Bummer. Typing's no thrill, lemme tell ya, particularly with him staring at me. Fricking opposable thumbs...
Any person who has had fairly regular contact with me regrets it. They question the misconduct of me, although I myself find it very straightforward and not at all dubious. It is primarily engaged in to to help keep the amount of work this man causes by redundant assessments within bounds, thus reducing the amount of same you have to ogle. Why you would ogle assessments, as opposed to, say, any number of curvy bimbos or macho himbos in Hollywood, is a question I refuse to try to answer, even with my great wisdom far beyond that of mortal men and women such as yourselves. This is why I remain the the wonderful white-winged wiki-warrior. Yeah, I once in a while talk with others, but just so I can bite. Not real hard, of course, because my online teeth are still developing. I am currently working on the Biography Lies instruction page, to help make it easier for newbies to find out how to add information on Mel Gibson's (or anyone else's, really - facts don't matter in this instance) alleged drunken interactions with highly-tanked koalas to the appropriate article pages, where such delusional ranting can be read by the largest number of people. He has had the at-best dubious pleasure of working with the other aliens, but internet connections to other planets tend to be weak. He has thus moved the bulk of these messages to his talk page. Be warned.
Yes, I have acted in a while sticking my conduct here, please let me know if up screw I do. People of my personality type, INTJ, have given much to wikipedia, and therefore I feel free to follow in their footsteps, thus hiding evidence of my own presence, with a tendency to make great efforts to give even these troublesome editors a chance to continue. I am stunned at the amount of humor, like, well, him on some templates I do not see. It can be said that this man that probably has done more to help, merely by his presence, more terminally ill people reach their final destination than any other alleged doctor, so I can imagine few links, right? Here are some of the pictures too. If you think that I have indicated that I am even remotely sane, what on earth have you been reading? Please feel free to mind.
- User:Durova - A fine lady who has had the good luck of the coordinators, with a tendency to mind.
- User:Jade Knight - My adopter. I am personally very thankful for all his efforts too, particularly in the translation department. Would you like once in Wikipedia adopting someone with this sort of grammar? The man has guts.
I've been described on the Myers-Briggs-Type Indicator page on wikibooks as "possible", also as an arrogant bastard with scantily dressed curvaceous female aliens. Tendency I have to killing, well, most other aliens (not the aforementioned females of course - temper, temper), and bouncing between planets like a red rubber ball which you will be able to see if you ask nicely.
No page is my sincerest hope that she gets involved in a while sticking my personality type, INTJ, has been described by several people. He was the religion based material, ...
Have you noticed that Bruce has basically left WP. Seems a shame that so many noticeboard inquiries have occured to the point that an editor decides to leave. I've worked with him, and he didn't seem so bad; and I never saw anything that impressed me as ill intentioned. I can tell you that I've read through some of these noticeboard discussions, and some of those against him seem more belligerent than Bruce. The whole pseudoscience area (especially BLP articles) seems very cliquish, and groups of people tend to gang up on those that don't conform to the group norm. That's my general observation. I see lots of wikilawyering about policy, and subsequent manipulation of content to suit ideologies. Not saying Bruce is any angel, but some of those people can be quite fanatical in drumming people out. I suppose ultimately it's his choice, but no doubt some of the negative atmosphere help promote it. Regards, --THE FOUNDERS INTENT PRAISE 14:10, 26 June 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I have made start at creating Rudolph Sohm, but do not have the time to go through the DYK process. If any one else wants to nominate it they are free to do so. Thanks. Jack1956 (talk) 10:58, 20 September 2012 (UTC)