This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018)
|Born:||September 3, 1970|
|1996||Ottawa Rough Riders|
|Career highlights and awards|
|CFL All-Star||1997–1999, 2002–2005|
|CFL East All-Star||1997–1999, 2002–2005|
Uzooma Okeke (born September 3, 1970) is a former Canadian Football League tackle for the Montreal Alouettes. He won a Grey Cup with Montreal in 2002. Okeke is currently the Football Operations Assistant/Scout for the Montreal Alouettes.
Uzooma Okeke was a two-year starter at offensive tackle at Southern Methodist University (SMU), playing both offense and defense. He was on the team that brought football back to SMU following their penalty. Under the tutelage of Forrest Gregg, he blossomed both on the football field and in persevering to obtain his college degree. He graduated from SMU with a degree in Public Relations.
Forrest Gregg recruited him to play for the Shreveport Pirates in 1994 and 1995, and that began his CFL career. He moved to the Ottawa Rough Riders in 1996, but in 1997 started his very successful (10 year) career with the Montreal Alouettes. He was a durable mainstay of their offensive line, being named an All-Star six times, and in 1998 won the Leo Dandurand Trophy as best lineman in the East, and in 1999 won the CFL's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman Award. He retired as a player prior to the 2007 season and joined the Alouettes as a scout.
He was inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame in 2014.
- ^  Archived 2009-09-06 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "CFL.ca - Official site of the Canadian Football League". CFL.ca. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- 1970 births
- African-American players of Canadian football
- Canadian Football Hall of Fame inductees
- Canadian football offensive linemen
- Garland High School alumni
- Living people
- Montreal Alouettes players
- Ottawa Rough Riders players
- People from Beaumont, Texas
- Shreveport Pirates players
- SMU Mustangs football players
- 21st-century African-American sportspeople
- 20th-century African-American sportspeople
- Canadian football offensive lineman stubs