Type of site
|Created by||Digital Science|
|Creative Commons CC0|
Global Research Identifier Database (GRID) is a database of educational and research organizations worldwide, created and maintained by Digital Science & Research Solutions Ltd., part of the technology company Digital Science. In 2021 public releases of the database were discontinued in favor of Research Organization Registry (ROR) as the leading open organization identifier.
Each organization is assigned a unique GRID ID and there is a corresponding web address and page for each ID in the database. The dataset contains the institution's type, geo-coordinates, official website, and Wikipedia page. Name variations of institutions are included, as well.
The first public release of GRID occurred on 22 September 2015, and it contained entires for 47,648 institutes. The 30th public release of GRID was on 27 August 2018, and the database contained 89,506 entries. It is available in the Resource Description Framework (RDF) specification as linked data, and can therefore be linked to other data. Containing 14,401 relationships, GRID models two types of relationships: a parent-child relationship that defines a subordinate association, and a related relationship that describes other associations
|Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS)||France|
|Crossref||United States (U.S.) and United Kingdom (UK)|
|European Tertiary Education Register (ETER)||European Union (EU)|
|Grant data from Estonia||Estonia|
|Grant data from Slovakia||Slovakia|
|Grant data from United States||U.S.|
|Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) institution codes||UK|
|Index of American Universities||U.S.|
|International Standard Name Identifier (ISNI)||UK|
|Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics (NUTS)||EU|
|ORCID iD (Open Researcher and Contributor ID)||U.S.|
|Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS)||UK|
|Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS)||Russia|
- Wheeler, Laura (12 October 2015). "Digital Science Launches GRID, a New, Global, Open Database Offering Unique Information on Research Organisations". digital-science.com. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "GRID ID". wikidata.org. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- Kundu, Suze. "GRID passes the torch to ROR". Digital Science.
- "DISAMBIGUATE – Resolve unstructured text affiliations to GRID ids". grid.ac. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- "DOWNLOAD – Documentation – All releases". grid.ac/downloads. 27 August 2018. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- Szomszor, Martin (15 August 2016). "Digital Science's GRID Now Available As Linked Open Data". digital-science.com. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "GRID Statistics". grid.ac/stats. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "GRID Policies". grid.ac. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- Scardilli, Brandi (6 December 2016). "Digital Science Gives GRID a CC0 License". Information Today. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- Wheeler, Laura; Hulme, Lisa (5 December 2016). "Digital Science Releases Global Research Identifier Database (GRID) Under CC0 License". digital-science.com. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "org-id.guide – Global Research Identifiers Database (XI-GRID)". org-id.guide. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "Identifiers.org – Data collection: GRID". www.ebi.ac.uk. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- Official website
- "GRID Support". GRIDac.Freshdesk.com.
- "Global Research Identifiers Database (XI-GRID)". org-id.guide.
- "Data collection: GRID – Identifiers.org". European Bioinformatics Institute.