|Acting Chair of the Federal Trade Commission|
January 21, 2021 – June 15, 2021
|Preceded by||Joseph Simons|
|Succeeded by||Lina Khan|
|Commissioner of the Federal Trade Commission|
|Assumed office |
May 2, 2018
|Preceded by||Edith Ramirez|
|Education||Yale University (BA, JD)|
Rebecca Kelly Slaughter (born c. 1983) is an American attorney who is a current commissioner of the Federal Trade Commission. Slaughter was previously the acting chair of the Federal Trade Commission from January 21, 2021, to June 15, 2021.
Slaughter was a longtime policy counsel to Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York before accepting the appointment to a Democratic seat on the Federal Trade Commission in 2018, during the presidency of Donald Trump. In this capacity, she filled the seat left vacant by Edith Ramirez.
Shortly after her appointment to the seat, Slaughter gave birth to her third child, making her the first person to give birth while serving on the FTC. Slaughter was considered for the role of permanent agency chair under President Joe Biden, but the position instead went to Lina Khan.
Slaughter was an associate in the D.C. office of Sidley Austin LLP before entering federal service. 
Slaughter received her B.A. in Anthropology magna cum laude from Yale University and her J.D. from Yale Law School, where she served as an editor on the Yale Law Journal. She lives in Maryland with her husband, Justin Slaughter. They have four children.
- "Rebecca Kelly Slaughter". Federal Trade Commission. 2018-04-30. Retrieved 2021-08-18.
- "U.S. FTC names Rebecca Slaughter acting chair of the agency". Reuters. January 21, 2021.
- Kang, Cecilia (June 12, 2018). "As both new mom and new FTC commissioner, she's just 'trying to navigate the two'". The New York Times – via Seattle Times.
- "PN1765 - Nomination of Rebecca Kelly Slaughter for Federal Trade Commission, 115th Congress (2017-2018)". www.congress.gov. 2018-04-26. Retrieved 2021-09-13.
- "This is the future of the FTC". Protocol — The people, power and politics of tech. 2021-01-20. Retrieved 2021-08-20.
- "Rebecca Kelly Slaughter, biography". Federal Trade Commission. FTC. Retrieved 23 May 2022.
- "Rebecca Kelly, Justin Slaughter married". New York Times. 25 March 2011. Retrieved 23 May 2022.