Template:In the news
- In Ukraine, the Kakhovka Dam (pictured) is breached, causing flooding and prompting mass evacuations.
- At least 275 people are killed and over 1,175 others injured in a collision involving three trains in Balasore, India.
- In cricket, the Indian Premier League concludes with the Chennai Super Kings defeating the Gujarat Titans in the final.
- Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is re-elected President of Turkey in a runoff.
- In auto racing, Josef Newgarden wins the Indianapolis 500.
|In the news toolbox|
"In the news" mentions and links to entries of timely interest – encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event – rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
Admins: After updating please purge the cache of the Main Page so that the updated version appears.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.