David James Millns
|Born||27 February 1965|
|Domestic team information|
|ODIs umpired||6 (2020–2022)|
|T20Is umpired||10 (2020–2022)|
Source: Cricinfo, 28 July 2022
David James Millns (born 27 February 1965) is a first class cricket umpire and former English professional cricketer who played for Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club, Leicestershire County Cricket Club, Tasmania and Boland. Millns was a fast bowler, and a lower order batsman who was part of two championship winning sides with Leicestershire, in 1996 and 1998.
His career spanned from 1988 until 2001. He is one of only a few cricketers in modern times to score a century and take ten wickets in the same county championship match (v Essex 1996).
Having been told he would be playing for England against Pakistan at the Oval in 1992 he broke a bone in his foot and was not officially selected. Millns toured Australia with the England 'A' side that winter, although he had more success with the ball in one-day matches than in the first-class matches. He was Leicestershire's leading wicket taker (and the sixth nationally) in 1994, taking 76 wickets at 25.01, with many cricket writers believing he should have gone to Australia for the 1994/95 Ashes tour. His best all round season came in 1996, when he took 73 wickets and scored 424 runs, and again many cricket writers picked him on the winter tour to the West Indies.
In 2007, he was selected in the reserve list as a first class umpire (cricket)|umpire for the season of 2008 by ECB. In 2008, he was promoted to the first class umpire's list. He stood as an umpire in the 2014–16 ICC Women's Championship. He was selected as one of the two foreign umpires in the 2019–20 Bangladesh Premier League.
- "Millns calls it a day". ESPNcricinfo. 2 July 2001. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "Leicestershire v Essex at Leicester, 4-8 July 1996". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 12 May 2022.
- "England 'A' tour of Australia: Squad". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 2 July 2022.
- "First Class Season 1994 - Statistical Bowling Highlights". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 12 May 2022.
- "David Millns profile and biography". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 12 May 2022.
- "Umpire Steve Garratt appointed by ECB". ESPNcricinfo. 8 November 2007. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "Bodenham promoted to first-class list". ESPNcricinfo. 10 November 2008. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "India Women tour of England, Only Test: England Women v India Women at Wormsley, Aug 13-16, 2014". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "10th Match (N), Bangladesh Premier League at Chattogram, Dec 17 2019". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "Match officials named for ICC U19 Men's Cricket World Cup". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 11 January 2022.