Bits and pieces
- Piles of rubbish
By "pile of rubbish", I mean places where you can find rubbish (buried among some good stuff).
- Probably copied rubbish
- User space rubbish
- Spammy rubbish
- Userspace spammy rubbish
- More spammy rubbish
- Unwikified rubbish that the copyvio bot might have missed
- Userspace crap searches
- "curriculum vitae", "employment history", any three of: employment education experience summary resume qualifications
- "company profile"
- follow OR like "on facebook", follow "on twitter", "on (soundcloud|last.fm|linkedin)"
- "band from", exquisite sound, dj producer
- proprietary innovative
- "search engine optimization", "social media marketing"
- introduction abstract conclusion
- "subscribe to" youtube
- "our youtube"
- pvt ltd
- Spam report sources
May need following up.
- User:MER-C/RevertList.css - revert list
- User:MER-C/RevertReferencesList.css - WP:REFSPAM revert list
- User:MER-C/payattention.js - use on editors who haven't managed to find their talk page
- Useful stuff
- James Breen (astronomer) - potential tutorial article
- Java tools
- Good faith effort to write an encyclopedia article?
- ... in English?
- The reader can identify the subject and understand what the article is about
- The article justifies its inclusion in Wikipedia
- Content is not copied or plagiarized from elsewhere
- Reliable references?
- Outgoing links?
- Incoming links?
Can you become the Supreme Leader of the Supreme Cabal?
|Request for comment|
|In the news|
|On this day|
|Did you know|
You are banned!
|Community discussion||Community discussion|
New page patrol Bingo!
|Semi-literate nonsense||Silly "sport" or other game that
article creator made up
|Article is totally unreferenced
|Resume pretending to be
an encyclopedia article
|SEO "article" that belongs|
on a content farm
|Title of article not
|Company "About us" page passed
off as an encyclopedia article
|Article about user generated content
created solely for promotional purposes
|10 substubs on geographic
|Crappy article about something|
in the Indian subcontinent
|Yet another Last.fm band||Article about a SEO or marketing
firm which does exactly that
|Free space||Article about a self-proclaimed
celebrity or influencer
|Forum with less than 100 users|
|Article "referenced" only to blogs,
forums and/or social media sites
|Article that attempts to import
an external dispute to Wikipedia
|Bio written by someone suffering
from delusions of grandeur
|First sentence of article
|First person spam|
|Official PR bio passed
off as an encyclopedia article
|It is impossible to tell
what the "article" is about
|Immature schoolyard nonsense||Question that should have been
asked at Quora
|Substantial, encyclopedic content|
|Fundraising||Staff member with
zero mainspace edits
|Mobile||Cynical PR bullshit||Gender gap|
|Brazil||Stupid MW extension that
nobody asked for
|Clueless staff member(s)||Global South||Chapters|
|Neglect for projects
not named Wikipedia
|India||Free space||Nasty interface surprise||"Wikipedia has a problem!"|
|Foundation "initiative" that causes
more problems than it solves
|MENA||GLAM||Feature promised in a month's
time completed a year later
|Veto over community|
|Localization||Editor retention||Features that are
|Community "consultation" on
some wiki nobody visits