|No. 67 Toronto Argonauts|
|Born:||July 22, 1998|
Timberlea, Nova Scotia
|Height||6 ft 5 in (196 cm)|
|Weight||310 lb (140 kg)|
|University||St. Francis Xavier|
|High school||St. Andrew's College|
Bay View High
|CFL Draft||2022 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6|
|Drafted by||Toronto Argonauts|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Honours||Second Team All-Canadian|
MacKellar first attended Rice University in 2017 and had a redshirt season while a member of the Rice Owls. Following a coaching change, MacKellar sought a transfer and moved back to Nova Scotia to become a member of the St. Francis Xavier X-Men in time for the 2018 season. In his first season, the X-Men were Loney Bowl champions after defeating the Saint Mary's Huskies. He did not play in 2020 due to the cancellation of the 2020 U Sports football season. In his fourth and final year, in 2021, he was named a U Sports Second Team All-Canadian and again won the Loney Bowl in a victory over the Bishop's Gaiters.
MacKellar was ranked as the 19th best player in the Canadian Football League's Amateur Scouting Bureau final rankings for players eligible in the 2022 CFL Draft. He was then drafted in the first round, sixth overall, in the draft by the Toronto Argonauts. He then signed with the team on May 10, 2022. Following training camp, he was placed on the injured list, but soon after played in his first career professional game on July 4, 2022, against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. His first game played outside of Toronto's BMO Field was in Wolfville, Nova Scotia as part of Touchdown Atlantic where he dressed as a backup offensive lineman in his home province.
MacKellar was born to parents Bruce and Kelly MacKellar. He has one sister, Ainsley, who also attended St. Francis Xavier University. MacKellar plays bagpipes and competed in 2013 World Pipe Band Championships in Glasgow, Scotland.
- "Gregor MacKellar". Rice Owls. Retrieved July 16, 2022.
- "Homegrown MacKellar eager for fresh start with X-Men after year at Rice". Atlantic University Sport. August 24, 2018.
- "Gregor MacKellar". Toronto Argonauts. Retrieved July 16, 2022.
- "Metchie leaps to top-spot in final Scouting Bureau of 2022". Canadian Football League. April 19, 2022.
- "Argos sign eleven from 2022 CFL draft class". Toronto Argonauts. May 10, 2022.
- "O'Leary: Argos, Riders play with an eye to the future". Canadian Football League. July 13, 2022.
- "Toronto Argonauts Depth Chart" (PDF). Canadian Football League. Retrieved July 16, 2022.